Each year we are privileged to work with interns from all over New York City, the United States and even the world. This summer is no exception. Our summer class is full of ladies making their names be known. Our organization may be called KING but this year’s summer interns are the Queens of King and are already making a huge impact on summer camp and beyond! Get to know them a little better!
1. Hometown: Barrington, RI
2. Place of Education: Fordham University
3. What clubs/ sports/ activities are you involved with in college?: Track & Field team, tutoring at the Rosedale Center, Fordham Dance Marathon
4. What brought you to Kids in the Game?: At KING, I am able to be involved in both coaching kids and working on marketing/communications
5. What is your favorite physical activity/sport?: Track & Field
6. What is your favorite part about New York City? There is always something to do (and lots of good food)
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? South Africa
8. Favorite part of Working at KING: I get to do something different everyday.
9. If you were an animal, which one would you be? Cat!
1. Hometown: Yinchuan, China
2. Place of Education: Fordham University
3. What clubs/ sports/ activities are you involved with in college?: Swimming, biking, hiking
4. What brought you to Kids in the Game?: The business and finance internship position fits my field of study and I enjoy the part that we can work with kids!
5. What is your favorite physical activity/sport?: Favorite physical activity definitely hiking!
6. What is your favorite part about New York City? The city has so many opportunities and possibilities. You can always find something to explore and the charming part is that you don’t know what you are getting yourself into.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? : I would like to go Tanzania. I’ve been seen Animal Worlds (a popular documentary in China) and National Geographic for too many years since I was a little girl. Always always want to go Serengeti National Park and climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
8. Favorite part of Working at KING: My favorite part is that I can give a lot of my own thoughts into the projects that I’m working on. I’ve been interned for quite a long time and accumulated a deep understanding of the business. I can be more creative and relate the current project to the knowledge that I have learned at school. Also, I enjoy working together and getting to know the whole team. I feel that I’m developing my soft skills every day in the company.
9. If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?: I want to be a panda. Climbing the trees, eating a lot of healthy bamboos and sleeping ~14 hours per day. Then the whole world thinks you’re cute!!
1. Hometown: Hong Kong
2. Place of Education: Hong Kong Polytechnic University
3. What clubs/ sports/ activities are you involved with in college?: Swimming!! I was in the swimming team and won lots of medals for my school:) also I played badminton during the PE lesson with my friends too (because they only know badminton).
4. What brought you to Kids in the Game?: My dream of being a teacher and an inspiration to kids brought me here. I want to be a teacher since I was young, to teach kids knowledge and guide the way to be an upright person to the next generation. Yet, in Hong Kong most schools are scores-and-exams-oriented and neglect to provide kids or students a proper experience of growing up and have a happy childhood. Students in Hong Kong lack physical activities and all they know is to do exercise to get high marks in exam. I want to learn the way how KING put knowledge and personal growth into activities and games, and bring it back to HK:)
5. What is your favorite physical activity/sport?: Swimming and badminton, also other sports (not really good at, but so eager to try)
6. What is your favorite part about New York City? My favorite part of New York City must be the Statue of Liberty. When people talk about the USA, the first thing to think of is the Statue of Liberty. To me, it represents the country, the American culture and also the American Dream.
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? I have been lots of places and there are still lots of places in the world that I want to visit.
For example, Rome in Italy to see the statues of ancient Roman Empire, Finland to see northern lights, Easter Island to see the stone statues, France to visit the Palace of Versailles and Mesopotamia to explore the lost civilization.
8. Favorite part of working at KING: My favorite part of working at KING is that I can get along with kids and play with them. Sometimes kids are the teachers for us the adults, to remind us what we should behave and our own aspiration. We teach them knowledge but actually they are also our teachers. Getting along with them is to let us learn from each other.
9. If you were an animal, which one would you be and why? I would like to choose wolf. In Chinese society, wolf is always viewed as cunning. BUT I totally don’t agree with it!!
Wolves are always live with a pack. We never see a wolf kept in zoo and that because wolf pack is strong when wolves are together, and I believe that we will be stronger when we stay together and united. Also, wolf is loyal to their pack and that fits my personality.
1. Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona
2. Place of Education: Grand Canyon University
3. What clubs/ sports/ activities are you involved with in college?: I’ve worked at Starbucks while I have been in college, and my roommate is on the women’s Rugby team so I always go and support them!
4. What brought you to Kids in the Game? The opportunity came for me to move out to NYC, and I began looking for internships. My sister is good friends with one of the employees at KING so she introduced me to the company.
5. What is your favorite physical activity/sport? Swimming! I love being in the water!
6. What is your favorite part about New York City? My favorite part about New York City is the atmosphere! There is always something going on, and I love that I am able to see so many different things during my time here. I would definitely go to Europe. I have always wanted to go the Italy, France and Spain. They’re on my bucket list!
8. Favorite part of Working at KING: My favorite part of working at KING is that each day presents something new, and I am able to work with kids. I love that I can come into work and have a new project and adventure for the day.
9. If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?: A cat, because they are calm but can also have an edge.